CHECK BACK FOR UPDATES AS MORE DATA IS POSTED.
Until just a few years ago, Donald Trump gave, and gave lavishly, to leading liberal Democrats in New York City, New York State and across the nation.
- Helping Obama Get Out The Vote?: In 2008, Trump was helping Barack Obama where it counted: with money. Leading up to the general election, Donald Trump gave Democratic Party organizations at least $61,000 to help Barack Obama win, including $5,000 to the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee, and one $50,000 check to the New York State Democratic Party in July 2008
- NEW! You can infer Donald Trump's indirect support for Barack Obama continued after his election to the White House in 2008. This is not a typo -- Trump personally gave $50,000 to former Obama chief of staff Rahm Emanuel's Chicago mayoral campaign in December 2010.
- NEW! $5,000 in 2002 to former Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich, who was sentenced to 14 years by a federal judge after being convicted on 18 federal felony corruption charges arising from actions he took as Governor. Also note in the same photo the two contributions to the Cook County Democratic Party. These are not one-off, isolated contributions.
- Another big-city Democrat also got a contribution from Donald Trump. In November 2008, Trump gave $1,000 to longtime Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigoisa.
- Dinkins over Rudy: The trend line of supporting liberal, big-government, destroy-the-middle-class mayors goes back a long time. When Rudolph Giuliani ran for Mayor of New York City in 1993, Donald Trump gave to his opponent, Democrat incumbent David Dinkins, a total of $5,500.
- After 9/11 and when Rudolph Giuliani was term-limited, Donald Trump gave to the far-left Mark Green (who was the co-founder of the ultra-progressive Air America Radio Network, now defunct), running against Michael Bloomberg,
- In the years after 9/11, Donald Trump gave $10,200 to former Sen. Hillary Clinton (D-NY) and at least $11,000 to Rep. Charles Rangel (D-NY)(including this $2,400 contribution in 2007), and $6,000 more to Senator Charles Schumer (D-NY) as recently as 2010.
- Scandal? No Big Deal. Trump has given thousands to two elected New York officials whose scandals drove them from office, thousands to former Governor Eliot Spitzer (aka "Client 9")
- There were thousands more to former House Representative Anthony Weiner (aka "Carlos Danger" from the sexting scandals, and current husband of former Hillary Clinton aide Huma Abedin).
- Trump also gave thousands to a campaign committee for now-convicted former New York State Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver.
- Between 2001-09, Trump gave at least $64,000 to current New York State Governor Andrew Cuomo including this big $25,000 donation;
- Trump gave congressional Democrats, leading up to the 2006 midterms, at least $28,500 including this big $20,000 donation to the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee in June 2006;
- Trump gave $2,400 to Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) as recently as March 2009.
- As recently as October 2010, Trump gave ultra-liberal New York State Attorney General candidate Eric Schneiderman $12,500.
Schneiderman is considered to be an overregulator of business (see how his office has tried to regulate bitcoin), believing that in New York the anti-business sentiment helps you win elections.