- Actual raw employment has barely increased, despite population growth – see the nearly 7% increase (about one percent annually) in the civilian noninstitutional population -- and significant immigration;
- The civilian labor force has barely grown, despite population growth and significant immigration. The seven year increase since December 2007 is microscopic.
- In fact, the seven-year civilian labor force increase has been less than the average annual increase in the civilian noninstitutional population.
- In the same interval, there has been an approximate 501,000 loss in self-employment, a metric included in the “employed.” ENTREPRENEURS AND SOLE PROPRIETORS AND SOLO PRACTITIONERS HAVE DISAPPEARED AND HAVE NEVER COME BACK FROM 2008-09.
- Looking most optimistically at the reported data, at best, the raw numbers of TOTAL employed, NOT COUNTING the self-employed, have grown about one percent – over seven years.
- Despite the foregoing, the number of those not in the workforce nor in prison has exploded by more than two percent annually, outpacing regular population growth and more than double the growth of the civilian noninstitutional population.
- In fact, the seven-year growth of the “not in the labor force” category accounts for nearly the entire growth in the civilian noninstitutional population.
More From Eric Dixon at http://www.NYBusinessCounsel.com
Support Independent Investigations With Bitcoin:
Send Bitcoin Here: 171GMeYRD7CaY6tkXs8dSTjLbAtFazxhVL
Top 50 Twitter Rank of Worldwide Startup Advisors For Much of 2014. Go to my professional site for solutions to your legal, business and strategic problems. The only lawyer who is a co-inventor of multiple, allowed-for-grant patents on blockchain technology!!! Blockchain and Digital Currency Protocol Development --
Monday, February 9, 2015
The Zombie Jobs Recovery
Looking long term over a seven year period going back to Bush and pre-TARP: